We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Kingslakes for your holiday this year and want it to be as relaxing and safe as possible for everyone. Please find below a list of things to consider before you arrive and during your stay.
Are you and the rest of your party fit to travel?
If you or any of your party develop or have any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of your holiday or receive a track and trace alert you must inform us straight away or at least 48 hours before you arrive. Please also inform us if this occurs within the last 48 hours before departing for your holiday. You will need to check your travel insurance regarding their cancellation guidelines.
Chances are your car has been sat on your driveway or limited to short journeys over the past few weeks. A full check of tyres, water, oil etc. would be advisable before setting off on any long journeys. If you don’t already have roadside assistance this is another worthwhile consideration.
Essential items to take with you.
There are a few items that in the past wouldn’t have made your holiday essentials list, but it would be wise for you to consider packing the following items alongside your sun cream and a good book:
– Face masks. Are now mandatory in shops including our own shop reception on site. They are also useful if you are visiting any popular tourist attractions, where the volume of people might make it difficult to social distance. Fabric masks should be washed each day so you may need to think about packing a few if you are planning regular days out.
– Disposable gloves. If you need to top the car up with fuel or use an electric vehicle charger en-route.
– Hand sanitiser. For when out and about, where it may not be possible to wash your hands.
– Disinfectant wipes
– First aid kit. Including Paracetamol and a thermometer.
– Tickets/advance bookings. If you are planning to visit a local attraction, you may need to book in advance while entrance numbers are reduced, to allow social distancing. Please check before you leave and if possible book your slot in advance.
– Card & board games and books. You may want to think about a few games to enjoy at your holiday home. If you have visited us previously there have been games and books in the accommodation however these have been removed for your safety but are available in our shop for you to borrow.
– Clothes detergent. You may want to wash items such as your face masks frequently whilst away.
Things to bear in mind during your stay.
– Arrival. When you arrive on site please report to reception. We have a limit of two people from each party checking in so please could you ask the rest of your party to remain in your vehicles or outside.
– Food. If your local shops are currently busy then the ones in smaller towns and tourist destinations are likely to be even busier. We are able to get you some supplies in the shop on site.
– Bin bags/Tea towels . Although we will provide you with a couple of bin bags we do not know how much rubbish you will accumulate during your stay, so best to bring extra to be on the safe side. It is advisable to bring a couple of extra tea towels too.
– Pets. If you are staying in a pet friendly cottage or hot tub lodge and have booked to bring your dog along, please remember to bring the bed, blankets and towels as well as their food and water bowls.
With the additional cleaning requirements that we are undertaking, your check-in and check-out times are as follows:
– Check-in : 3pm
– Check-out: 9.30am
If you, or any of your party become ill or display any symptoms of Covid-19 or receive a track and trace alert while you are at the property, you should call us straight away.
Where practical and possible use the dishwasher on an intensive cycle or use the hottest washing up water you can with the relevant cleaning products.
Waste and bins.
Ensure all rubbish and waste is disposed of properly in secured bags and placed in the wheelie bins in the car parks.
Returning to the property after a day out.
Wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds, every time you come back to the property.
Day of departure.
Please ensure that the property is left in the same condition that you found it.
On the day of departure, please take all linen from the beds, including sheets, pillowcases and duvet covers, leaving mattress protectors and pillow protectors in place (we will change these when we clean). Please leave all linen and towels in a pile in the bathroom.
Return keys to the key drop box at reception.
Bar & Restaurant
Our bar and restaurant will be open from 6.30pm to 10.00pm Monday to Saturday (closed Thursdays in August) and then 4.30pm to 10.00pm on Sundays.
Table bookings must be made for bar and restaurant as we need to be able to manage social distancing within the clubhouse.
Hand sanitisers will be by the entrances and we ask you to use them upon entering the building.
Table service will be in place for drinks and food.
Children are to be supervised at all times and social distancing measures to be adhered to.
Our shop will be open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm and Saturdays 8.30am to 10.30am.
Our reception will be open for arrivals. If arriving out of hours please inform us in advance so that we can make arrangements to meet you.
If you need to contact any of us while on holiday our phone numbers are:
Office: 01409 231401 (diverted to mobiles when closed)
Jed & Rachel: 07394 561138
Emma: 07826 865517